Thursday, September 15, 2005

 

Insert Title here.

I'm down to once a week with this blog thing. Well, things have been busy. Between flying back to NY, then back here, getting set-up (I finally got a bed, Queen size, for free on Craigslist!) just in time to start welcome week. That starts Monday, and it's basically a series of meetings, mostly concerning teaching, giving us some basics and introducing us to the course material.

Tonight I met most of the MFA poetry students. Several of us went out for Pizza across the street from the campus, and then came back to someone's apartment. There, people drank, talked, played guitar, sang, and talked a lot of nonsense in general. My first real time hanging with most of the writing folk around here.

Tomorrow I'm off to the DMV to get myself a California license.

I can't believe Joe's been dead a week now.

But I've decided to write a story about his death, and his funeral. So there's that. I think I would like to try to have a draft of it ready to hand in for my first chance at workshop.

We'll see. I still have written anything while I've been out here, and I'm almost afraid to start. It feels weird and unfamiliar. New place, new people, so much to think about, it all makes it hard to concentrate on writing. I'll cope, of course.

I have pictures from the trip, I'll look for some free time to put them up here.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home