Friday, September 02, 2005

 

California Daze.

Well, I've arrived. Irvine. The land of many strip malls. Parking lots and yogurt stands as far as the eye can tell.

I've been here since Tuesday. I moved into my apartment Wednesday, and have been getting set-up since. Little shopping, little computerizing (I'm finally writing from my new home, my computer is set-up, and I don't have to worry about running out of internet time.)

I'll try to keep blogging about my trip in retrospect, in between posts, here and there. There's just not enough time.

I have no bed yet, so it's the sleeping bag for now (no place to hang the hammock indoors, damn it.) While tomorrow, I leave for Mexico for Labor Day Weekend.

My heart breaks for New Orleans. I have some friends there that are unaccounted for. It's hard to believe, and even as I've had a great trip, and have so much on my mind about school out here, I can't help but feel hollow.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home