Wednesday, July 13, 2005

 

Time to make the journal.

Ok, so I'm the editor for my college literary journal, even though I just graduated. I'm moving out to go to grad school at the end of the month, and I have to have the journal done by then. That means, well, designing the damn thing (I am not a designer, but have some concept of good typography) including the cover art, etc. (which I did for last year's journal), contacting all of the artists and getting their contact info. The art editor has been MIA and I don't like to be a ball-buster, preferring to just do things on my own rather than harass people who are busy or apathetic, or however, but things need to be done. Hmm.

The rest of the day I've spent researching about weblogs, html and such. Once I do things, I try to do them right, sometimes obsessively so. And I have decided to keep up this blog, mainly because I found someone's blog that just graduated from an MFA and the information there was so useful to me, I couldn't pass the opportunity to do one of my own.

I just added that Photo to the right, Harmonica. It's one I took way back in my days, out in Roswell, NM. Maybe 1996? I'll have to think on that one.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home