Tuesday, July 19, 2005

 

CIA USSR Parapsychology reports.

I found a link on a nice internet tech blog: Sharing Knowledge

He's got a link to a database of free e-books: http://e-asia.uoregon.edu/easia/other.htm

I scrolled to the bottom of the list and found a motherload of US government documents. The ones that interested me the most are the set of paranormal psychology experiments in the CIA and USSR in the 70's. (The WMD ones about Iraq are great too, but I'll look at those another night). I 've spent the last hour or so ripping through the PDF files (some are docs in the 600 page area) and finding a goldmine of stuff.

Now, I know none of this is new information. But every time I speak to people about my personal "astral projection" experiences, or about ESP (though I have no personal experience with this), I get that same stupid look on people faces. Like I watch too much X-Files. Which is funny because I don't watch TV.

Parapsychology is very real. For anyone who doubts, I suggests skimming though these US government files outlining in great detail the USSR's thirty year program of parapsych study including: ESP, telekinesis, remote viewing, astral projection, just to name a few. the Russians were onto the field way before the US, starting back in the twenties. As the CIA states in the report, the Russians were a good twenty five years ahead of the US. All the Cosmonauts had been trained in telepathy, and it was documented that they communicated with each other. A few outstanding quotes I pulled from the once classified CIA file:

Perhaps the most meaningful experiment in terms of ease of evaluation and apparent potential in a communication mode was performed in 1967. This involved attempts at transmission of randomly selected digits between 0 and 9. Distance between sender and receiver was varied from several meters to several kilometers. Reported results, as attested to by at least five members of the All-Union Technical Society of Radio Technology and Communications imenti A.S. Popov (the Popov Society), indicates 105 of 135 numbers were received correctly by the receiver. The article states this to be 78% correct; however, this is a significant understatement since it does not reflect the overall probability of such an event. ...the probability of duplication via random occurrence would be about 10 to the neg 77th power (emphasis added).

Defense Intelligence Agency Paraphysics R&D--Warsaw Pact(U)
Prepared by US Air Force
Air Force Systems Command
Foreign Technology Division

The ruskies also were getting quite good at stealing objects from remote distances--these objects were called "apports." Here's a good quote about apports from Sir William Crookes, who was in fact a scientist- a chemist and physicist, who discovered the element thallium and was a former president for the Advancement of Science:

Class IX. The appearance of Hands, either Self-luminous or Visible by ordinary light.


I (William Crookes) have more than once seen, first and object move, then a luminous cloud appear to form about it, and lastly, the cloud condense into shape and become a perfectly formed hand...It is not always a mere form, but sometimes appears perfectly life-like that of and graceful, the fingers moving and the flesh apparently as human as that of any in the room. At the wrist, or arm, it becomes hazy, and fades off into a luminous cloud. To the touch, the hand sometimes grasping my own with the firm pressure of an old friend. I have retained one of these hands in my own, firmly resolved not to let it escape. There was no struggle or effort made to get loose, but it gradually seemed to resolve itself into vaper and faded in that manner from my grasp.

I couldn't cut and paste that from the PDF, so I retyped it. If I wasn't headed to grad school for fiction, I'd be getting a PhD in Parapsych. It has such a bad rep, but it shouldn't. Especially with all our studies in Quantum Physics about mental connections to the measurement of particles. Here's a link to another good article I found today at Wired. A study at Princeton has got some good data that show people can influence machines with their minds:

http://wired.com/news/technology/0,1282,68216,00.html?tw=wn_tophead_5

In one experiment, a machine was designed to randomly shoot out a series of one’s and zeros. The study shows statically significant correlation between what the machine output and the numbers the participants thought of.

However, as anyone who has taken an Intro to Stats course knows, Correlation is not causation. And in this case, this fact makes one wonder about the other alternative: if the people are not causing the machine to change it's output, then there is a third element that it affecting both the machine and the human. Perhaps some unknown force is both pushing the machine to put out zeros, and simultaneously pushing the participant to think about zeros, where the participant believes it's his choice to think about the zeros, when in fact, he has been as unwittingly manipulated as the machine has.

I love Quantum Physics! Magical science.









Comments:
I don't think I have the patience to read government documents - if only they'd hire decent writers! But I had to say, I loved the last line...Quantum Physics, Magical Science. Indeed.
 
i like your blog.
 
People will never believe such experiences as long as the presiding organized religions stay put. Its funny that people can believe there is a God, but that no other supernatural occurance could possibly be valid. Of course there are enough frauds and bs'ers out there to ruin it for the real mccoy (cough John Edwards cough.) I used to practice magic (not magick)...presdigitation...stage magic, and am very good at cold readings and other "psyhcic scams." Never believed in it until one day I had a really unusual experience. Its far too much to state in this comment (even though I've already written a novella.) Needless to say, I have now edumacated myself in every religion, magick, and gnostic form I can find. What has this done for me? Its given me a very good sense of humor.
 
Melis: One of those ebooks was the defense department's analysis of how badly the CIA screwed up their fact finding about WMD and basically, all of the intelligence gathered that was used to send our nation to war, put our international credit on the line(what little we had), and basically make us the biggest asses in our known universe.

What an accomplishment!

Well, I found the writing in that one actually rather delightful. Perhaps it was just the content that thrilled me so, but I think they might just be hiding a Hemingway or two out there. Right.
 
Carrie:
Thank you thank you thank you!
I've just started this thing and when people don't say things like, "I like your blog" it gets hard to keep it up.

You're the best.
 
rancid: sounds fascinating. Love to hear some things you picked up. And the term "Supernatural" is a tricky one- again, it implies magic, or magick, as you put it, but to me it's just science we haven't quite figured out yet.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home